I make sites from scratch or can redesign or reorganize your existing site to be easier to use, faster and more accessible.
I also handle smaller projects -- if you only need a new section added to an existing site, if you have a print publication you'd like to translate into a superior Web version, if you'd like a better set of templates for your content management system: I can help.
I've been building web sites since 1997, with thousands of pages under my belt. I focus on writing compact, standards-compliant code that is easy to maintain and produces consistent and attractive results in virtually every web browser in use today.
End to End
I can help with any (or every) step of the process of getting your site on the web:
- Planning your site from the beginning
- Organizing your content into a logical structure that will be easy for your visitors to navigate
- Designing the graphical look of your site
- Creating the templates for the various sections of your site
- Obtaining reasonably-priced space at a reliable web hosting service
- Handling all the hassles of obtaining or transferring your desired domain name
- Planning and creating any databases you need to support your site
- Implementing any interactive features you want your site to have
- Creating the web pages themselves, keeping them compact for fast downloading
- Making sure your site meets all web standards that are appropriate for your particular project
- Creating useful reports for monitoring traffic to your site
- Updating your site as new content is needed
Anyone interested in the more technical specifics of the work I produce can find out more on my Technical page.